The Olympia Beekeepers Association maintains a small amount of equipment that is for Members to borrow. It is currently stored centrally, by Nathan Allan. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to pick up what you need.
Note: You will require your current Membership Card, which will be validated with Membership.
Equipment available includes;
- Dadant Electric 6 frame radial without stand, stainless steel with plastic gate valve. 18″ diameter.
- Manual tangential 4 frame without stand, missing hinges, stainless steel, metal gate valve. 18″ diameter.
- Manual tangential 2-4 frame without stand, missing hinges, stainless steel, metal gate valve. 14″ diameter.
- Electric uncapping knives: #1 and #2 (there is a third unaccounted for).
- Non-electric uncapping knife: #1.
- Uncapping trays: (Plastic) 2 with plastic gate valves (need to verify second).
- 5 gallon bucket with plastic gate valve.
- Plastic Strainers: #1 fine mesh (ripped screen), #2 course mesh
- Honeycomb hand scrapper
- Canopy (currently stored by Maren)
- Observation Hives
- One is located at the Bee Booth at the fairgrounds.
- The second is in the custody of Steve Walker.