- 2022 Annual Meeting ReportOn November 21 2022, we held our Annual Meeting at The Swantown Inn’s Grand Victorian Ballroom. There were 20 people physically present and 4 people via Google Meet. Membership Report As of today, we stand at 126 members (paid annually) and 5 lifetime members. The membership year is January through December. Anyone who signs up (more…)
- RESCHEDULED to 21st November 2022 – Annual MeetingWhen? Monday, November 21st, 2022, 6pm to 8pm Where? Swantown Inn 1431 11th Ave SE Olympia WA 98501 (Get Directions) Parking? Swantown Inn has limited car park space, but plenty of parking around the corner on Central. Only park up the drive if you have mobility issues. Please follow directions of parking attendant. Attending Online? (more…)
- Apprentice Class – Purchase Certificate of Completion for $10This offer and information is ONLY for the people who are currently taking the Apprenticeship Class with Gail and Margaret. Washington Master Beekeepers Association offers a Certificate of Completion after successfully completing the Apprenticeship Level course. The cost is $10. Deadline to order a Certificate is November 30, 2022. (Payment window closing at the end (more…)
- Book Review – The Orchard Mason BeeThe Orchard Mason Bee; The Life History, Biology, Propagation, and Use of a North American Native Bee (Osmia lignaria propinqua Cresson) by Brian L. Griffin and Illustrated by Sharon Smith and the Author 3rd printing 2011 Knox Cellars Publishing, Bellingham, WA Here is a great resource for “How To” capture and raise these mild mannered pollinators in (more…)
Apprenticeship Class starts Wednesday September 21st
It is not too late to become a member, or for current members to register for the Apprenticeship class. If you are new to beekeeping or need a refresher on the basics, now is the time to get ready for Spring 2023! See our Education section for more details.
Board Elections have been scheduled for November.
This is your chance to join the Board and make your mark on the club!
Members can make a nomination by clicking HERE!
Something to share?
Do you have a favorite beekeeping web site, article or video you’d like to share?
Send a link to: email@example.com
Swarm Season starts in April
Call the Olympia Beekeepers Association SWARM Coordinator at 360.515.1068 and we will coordinate finding a member who can respond to help you. It is important to have the following information;
- Location: Address
- Height from ground
- Access to the swarm
- Telephone contact number
- Any other pertinent information you can provide
Association Members can request to be on the Swarm Catchers List, administered by the Swarm Coordinator. Simply indicate in your profile that you would like to catch swarms.
Subscribe to the Beeline Newsletter
Current Paid Members can log in here or the top right of the page. This will give you access to the Members Only section. Need help? Call the hotline on 360-515-7274, and select option 5. You will be given instructions and if none of those work you can leave a message and we will call you back to help.