The Olympia Beekeepers Association
The Olympia Beekeepers Association (OBA) are a non-profit organization that provides education, training, and support for beekeepers in Thurston and surrounding counties. Please consider becoming a member, as there as an array of member benefits.
For the Public and Members
- I want to be a Beekeeper
- Report a Swarm
- Beekeeping Vendors
- Monthly Meetings
- Beeline – Our Newsletter
Association Members are often available for events and education.
Resources for Members
- Ordering Bees
- Industry Speakers
Membership includes entire household.
- Association meeting minutes – March 13, 202347 people in attendance – 45 in person, 2 online Officer reports Update from Jeff Ott – Beekeeping Today Podcast Reminder! Everyone please register your hives with the state! You will only be protected as a beekeeper if your hives are registered. Also if you live in the city of Olympia, this registration is required (more…)
- Bee Faire : March 13th 6pmAt the March 13th meeting of the Olympia Beekeepers Association, the club will host some locally-based honey bee vendors for you to visit. Each vendor will have a table where you can meet with them. You can learn what they have to offer in 2023, including: nucs and packages, delivery schedules and locations, prices, and (more…)
- Hive ChoicesArticle by Debra Langley-Boyer, Member of OBA and President of Belfair & Beyond Beekeepers. Debra presented the following information at the February 2023 General Meeting. Which hive is best for you? Honeybee’s can use a great variety of places for their hive. Beekeepers provide hives for the bees as a convenience to the beekeeper. Different (more…)
- Association meeting minutes – February 13, 202328 people in attendance – 22 in person, 6 on Zoom Officer reports Special Guest: Debra Langley-Boyer – Hive Choices: Which hive is best for you?
Apprenticeship Class – Waitlist for next Class
Our February Apprenticeship Class filled up fast! At our last meeting there were about 5 more people who wanted to take the class.
To go on a waitlist please email email@example.com
See our Education section for more details.
Bryan Henn our new Mentorship Chair has modernized the program, creating easy to use online forms. If you are a member and require a Mentor, or you would like to become a Mentor, please check out the Mentorship section.
Something to share?
Do you have a favorite beekeeping web site, article or video you’d like to share?
Send a link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swarm Season starts in April
Call the Olympia Beekeepers Association SWARM Coordinator at 360.515.1068 and we will coordinate finding a member who can respond to help you. It is important to have the following information;
- Location: Address
- Height from ground
- Access to the swarm
- Telephone contact number
- Any other pertinent information you can provide
Association Members can request to be on the Swarm Catchers List, administered by the Swarm Coordinator. Simply indicate in your profile that you would like to catch swarms.
Subscribe to the Beeline Newsletter
Current Paid Members can log in here or the top right of the page. This will give you access to the Members Only section. Need help? Call the hotline on 360-515-7274, and select option 5. You will be given instructions and if none of those work you can leave a message and we will call you back to help.