Typically, we meet on the 2nd Monday of each month from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Sometimes later depending on speaker and discussions.
Meetings are open to both members and non members alike.
Dave Muehleisen -IPM and Managing Varroa mite populations.
I will talk about the basic principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and how those principles are used to manage Varroa mite populations. I will emphasize the parameters determining an economic threshold (ET) for a specific pest and how they relate to the reported ETs for the Varroa destructor mite. Finally, I want to encourage audience participation in discussing what ETs you are using. Also, what strategies are beekeepers using to manage Varroa
mites in the Olympia area, and are they successful?
Monday, May 8th, 2023, 6pm to 8pm
To join virtually use:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 833 4299 9724
Swantown Inn, The Grand Victorian Ballroom
1431 11th Ave SE, Olympia WA
Note for May’s Meeting you MUST park on the street. All lot parking is reserved for our overnight guests.
Swantown Inn has limited car park space, but plenty of parking around the corner on Central. Only park up the drive if you have mobility issues. Please follow directions of parking attendant.
2023 General Meeting Schedule
- January 23rd: Alan Woods, Woods Bees / WASBA President.
- February 13th: Debra Langley-Boyer, Choosing the right Hive type.
- March 13th: Bee Faire
- April 10th: Jim Jones – Mayan Beekeeping Practices
- May: David Muehleisen, IPM and Managing Varroa mite populations
- June : Dewey Caron (Winter Survivability Survey Discussion), Plan for Thurston County Fair.
- July: Summer Potluck Picnic
- August: No Meeting Harvest
- September: TBA
- October: TBA
- November: TBA
- December: Holiday Potluck
2023 Board Meeting Schedule
- January 21st – Yearly Goal Setting
- April 1st – 2nd Quarter
- July 1st – 3rd Quarter
- October 7th – 4th Quarter
6:00-6:30 pm – General Business
6:30-7:30 pm – General meeting, Guest Speaker or Sustainability Group discussion.
7:30-8:00 pm – Social Gathering, feel free to bring a dessert, drink or the like. Bonus if it is honey related (Mead or Honey Baked items).
In July of each year, we meet at a park for a potluck picnic, and in December, we host a potluck holiday celebration.