Typically, we meet on the 2nd Monday of each month from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Sometimes later depending on speaker and discussions.
Meetings are open to both members and non members alike.
Monday, October 9th, 2023, 6pm to 8pm
Kay Crawford, Bee Inspired Garden, on gardening for pollinators.
To join virtually use:
Meeting ID: 833 4299 9724
Swantown Inn, The Grand Victorian Ballroom
1431 11th Ave SE, Olympia WA
Swantown Inn has limited car park space, but plenty of parking around the corner on Central. Only park up the drive if you have mobility issues. Please follow directions of parking attendant.
2023 General Meeting Schedule
- January 23rd: Alan Woods, Woods Bees / WASBA President.
- February 13th: Debra Langley-Boyer, Choosing the right Hive type.
- March 13th: Bee Faire
- April 10th: Jim Jones – Mayan Beekeeping Practices
- May 8th: David Muehleisen, IPM and Managing Varroa mite populations
- June 12th: Dewey Caron (Winter Survivability Survey Discussion), Plan for Thurston County Fair.
- July: Summer Potluck Picnic
- August: No Meeting Harvest
- September: Ernie Schmidt – Master Beekeeper
- October: Kay Crawford, Bee Inspired Garden, on gardening for pollinators.
- November: Michael Jaross, Whatcom Bee Help, on preparations for winter.
- December: Holiday Potluck
- January 8, 2024 – Danny Najera, Green River College, on winter loss.
2023 Board Meeting Schedule
6:00-6:30 pm – General Business
6:30-7:30 pm – General meeting, Guest Speaker or Sustainability Group discussion.
7:30-8:00 pm – Social Gathering, feel free to bring a dessert, drink or the like. Bonus if it is honey related (Mead or Honey Baked items).
In July of each year, we meet at a park for a potluck picnic, and in December, we host a potluck holiday celebration.