12 people in attendance; 9 in person, 3 online
Welcome new members!
- Treasurer – checking $4,582, savings $4,312 – We really need a President! November is election month. Send anyone on the board a nomination and we’ll file it and look forward to it.
- Acting President – If anyone wants to step up and lead the meetings, I may be spread even more thin next year, lots in the wings we’ve talked about doing, need some help
- Inspire Olympia
- Freedom Farmers
- Education – Handing out 17 certificates for people who took one of the last two classes
- Mentorship – always looking for mentors
- Secretary – opportunity to teach kids in 5th grade at East Olympia Elementary about bees and their role in the ecosystem and planting a pollinator garden.
- Christina and Dale may be able to volunteer to help now or in the future
- Idea that the club could put together a to-go educational box, maybe also a lending library box
Presentation from Kay Crawford, Bee Inspired Garden, on gardening for pollinators